Combatting COVID-19: We’re doing our best to minimise risk for our guests. To underline our commitment we have achieved the ‘Good to Go’ COVID-19 Industry Standard from Visit England, The World Travel & Tourism SAFE TRAVELS Award and also the AA ‘Covid-19 Confident’ Award.
- COVID cleaning regimen: We have a commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures, including deep cleaning and sanitising with commercial-grade disinfectants and anti-virals. We take a minimum of 90 minutes to service each of our rooms. Just check our reviews. Our new COVID-19 protocol reflects the advice of the World Health Organisation and we work to the new ‘Visit Britain’ Kitemark British Standard.
- Reception and rooms: All of our bookings, payments and check-in are online, so there are no paper forms to complete. Some of our other changes include: hand sanitisers, electronic front door lock and paperless check-out.
- Lobby & stairs: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing operating procedures and signage.
- Weekend bookings only: We are currently offering ONLY either 2 or 3-night weekend stays. Our only check-in day is Friday. This means that once vacated, our rooms are left empty for a minimum of 4 days before new guests arrive.
- Anti-viral fogging: We use a fogging machine and an antiviral agent to fog rooms & public areas on departure and prior to new arrivals.
- We have only 5 letting rooms: This means that the likelihood of encountering other guests on corridors and stairs is low.
For your privacy and protection, we offer self-serviced accommodation on a room-only basis
- ‘Room-only’? In a nutshell we don’t offer breakfast. We are right in the heart of Whitby and have numerous excellent cafes and restaurants within a short walk. This gives our guests the opportunity to enjoy a lie-in and the breakfast of their choice, at a time of their choice.
- ‘Self-serviced’? Privacy is a priority – once you check-in to your room then it’s your private space for the duration of your stay. This also offers additional protection for our guests. We will only ever enter a guest’s room by invitation, or in the event of an emergency such as a plumbing leak or a fire.